Alpine Association of Slovenia (Planinska zveza Slovenije)
- Slovensko planinsko drutvo (SPD; Slovenian Mountaineering Society; known today as Planinska zveza Slovenije - Alpine Association of Slovenia) was formed in 1893. At first, the SPD's main task was defense against foreign influence in Slovenian mountains and expansion of Slovenian mountaineering efforts.
- It is among the most numerous non-governmental organizations in Slovenia, and the most numerous sports organization.
- The President of the Alpine Association of Slovenia is Mr. Bojan Rotovnik.
- It includes 278 clubs with a total of 57,520 members (in 2012) spanning all age groups.
- The number of youth mountaineers, ranging from pre-school children to 26-year-olds, amounts to 18,000.
- In 2013 PZS has 278 Alpine clubs
- In Slovenia we have 176 mountain huts, shelters and bivouacs.
- A member of the alpine association can take part in a variety of mountaineering activities, use discounts on accommodation in mountain lodges in Slovenia and Europe, take out different types of insurance, and enjoy benefits in the purchase of mountaineering equipment, etc.
- ·Alpine clubs organized within the Alpine Association of Slovenia (Planinska zveza Slovenije) coordinate their activities within 12 regional committees of local alpine clubs operating in the areas of Podravje, Zasavje, Koroka, Pomurje, Gorenjska, Posočje, Kamnik-Bistrica area, Savinjska, Ljubljana, Notranjska, Primorsko-Notranjska, Dolenjska and Bela Krajina.
In Slovenia, the Alpine Association of Slovenia is a member of:
- the Olympic Committee of Slovenia (Olimpijski komite Slovenije), and
- the Association of Slovenian Societies (Zveza drutvenih organizacij Slovenije).
It has cooperation agreements with:
- the Mountain Rescue Association of Slovenia (Gorska reevalna zveza Slovenije),
- the Slovenian Mountaineering Club Skala (Slovenski gorniki klub Skala), and
- the Slovenian Red Cross (Rdeči kri Slovenije - Zveza zdruenj).
The agreement of cooperation in the field of sustainable development and the pursuit of joint efforts towards the protection and conservation of biodiversity was concluded by the Alpine Association of Slovenia, Fishing Association of Slovenia, Hunting Association of Slovenia, Tourist Association of Slovenia, Slovenian Beekeepers' Association, and Slovenian Kennel Club.
- The Alpine Association of Slovenia (Planinska zveza Slovenije) participates and is represented in many international organizations:
- the International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation (UIAA),
- the Club Arc Alpin (CAA),
- the European Ramblers Association (ERA),
- the International Ski Mountaineering Federation (ISMF),
- the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC),
- the International Commission for Alpine Rescue (IKAR),
- the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium, and
- the EU Mountaineering Forum.
- Associate Member of the Balkan Mountaineering Union.
Moreover, the Alpine Association of Slovenia encourages its members to strive towards active cooperation in the international environment and form close contacts with the Slovenians beyond the national borders and with other comparable organizations. Their activities culminate in the Gathering of the Mountaineers of Three Countries and in the Meeting.
The structure of PZS (Organigramm)
Movie about PZS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP4yXrJX43I
To the PZS- website